If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: spinach and cottage cheese Indian recipe —spicyvegrecipes
- 5 cups chopped spinach (palak)
- 250 grams cottage chease
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic cloves, grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup tomato pulp
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream
- Blanch the spinach in a vessel full of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain, refresh with cold water and keep aside to cool for sometime.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée and keep aside.
- Heat oil in the pan over medium flame, and fry the onion, until it becomes transparent.
- Now add garlic, ginger, green chilli and turmeric powder and roast it on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato pulp to the mixture, and saute on medium flame, until it leaves the oil. *while stirring continuously.
- Now add spinach puree and 1/4 cup water to this mixture, and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add fresh cream, and mix it well, now add salt and garam masala to it and mix well.
- Add the paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.