If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty and vegan lentil barley soup with broth, vegetables, spices, and topped off with some fresh cilantro. —Dash of Amy
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 4 cups water
- Place lentils and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low boil, and cook about 30-40 minutes until lentils are soft.
- Strain the water off, and set aside.
- 4-6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 celery stalk, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup pearled barley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash onion & herb
- 1 teaspoon Weber garlic & herb
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- Place strained lentils and all remaining ingredients except barley and cilantro in a large stock pot, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add the barley, and cook on a low boil for about 30 minutes, or until barley is cooked.
- Mix fresh cilantro into the soup, and serve!