If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious combination of flavors with chicken thighs, vegetables, tasty spices, and chicken broth in the crock pot, and served over creamy coconut rice. —Dash of Amy
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced thin
- 3 carrots, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes (garlic & onion)
- 15 ounces can chick peas, strained
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 15 ounces coconut milk + enough water to equal 4 cups
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place rice, coconut milk, water, olive oil, and salt in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat to simmer and cook until all liquid is absorbed, 15-20 minutes.
- Serve chicken mixture over the rice.