Hello This is Executive Chef Maurice This dish just burst out with flavors that’s unbelievable. Marrowbones soaks up all the flavors also oxtails this is coming outta my New cook book every ingredient counts for this recipe.
Also find me on Facebook @ https://m.facebook.com/inthekitchenwithchefmo/ —Maurice Farmer
- Prep time 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cook time 3 hours
- Serves 6
- 3 pounds center cut veal marrowbones into 2-inch pieces
Cracked black pepper
- For the Oxtail marmalade 4 pounds of Oxtails, trimmed of fat
Dry red wine
Fresh black peppercorn
1 1/2 pounds
Fresh Carrots cut into 1/4 inch-cubes
Red wine vinegar
Sea salt, black pepper to taste
- Place the bones in a large bowl. Combine salt & 4 cups of water, pour over the bones. If the water does not cover the bones , add a solution of 1 cup of water to 1 tbl salt at a time , until the bones are covered. Soak in the fridge for 36 hours changing the water three times until the bones are bleached of color Drain well. Combine the oxtails 3 cups of port wine , beef stock , garlic , thymes , & caraway seeds & peppercorn in a large pot. Bring the mixture to a boil , then reduce heat & simmer for 2 hours. Transfer the oxtails to a bowl ,when cool enough to Handle remove the meat until ready to use. Strain the oxtail Liquid into a large skillet, discarding the solids. Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium until the mixture is reduced 3 cups one 1/2 hour.
- While it reduces combine 3 tbl Of butter with flour until it forms a paste, 1 tbl at a time , into the reduced liquid over medium heat. Cook until the mixture thickens slightly about 3 minutes. In a separate large skillet melt the remaining 5 tbl butter. Add the carrots shallots and a pinch of salt over medium heat until slight softened, about 15 minutes. Stir in the sugar coconut milk the remaining port wine , red wine vinegar salt and pepper. Cook over medium- high heat until the liquid has completely evaporated about 30 minutes. Stir in the oxtails meat thickened oxtail cooking liquid, and remaining pepper & salt to taste. Transfer the marmalade to a airtight container and refrigerate over night before serving reheat in a saucepan over medium heat. Add fresh mint to garnish over toasted sliced baguette bread brushed with basil pesto ..