If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nargesi is a Persian spinach and egg dish that's simple, yet full of flavor. Creamy spinach and delicious runny egg yolk—what's not to like? —Shadi Hasanzadenemati
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
cup red onion, sliced
garlic cloves, minced
cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
teaspoon salt (more if needed)
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Once the olive oil in shimmery, saute red onion until it's translucent and golden.
- Add in minced garlic and chopped baby spinach. Stir and cook until they're wilted half way.
- Add the eggs into the pan, one by one but don't stir.
- Sprinkle turmeric, cayenne and salt on the spinach and eggs, cover and let it cook for about five to seven minutes, until the egg whites are fully cooked and the yolk is runny.
- Serve warm with fresh bread.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Umami-Centric Recipe