These delicious tangyuan are chewy and perfect ways to highlight sweet potato flavor.
These delicious tangyuan are chewy and perfect ways to highlight sweet potato flavor.—Melissa Huang
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
cup mashed purple sweet potato
cup glutinous rice flour
- Steam or microwave your sweet potato until fork tender. If you choose the microwave, make sure to put some water in the bowl to prevent burning. Also, peel the skin off, or poke holes so that it doesn't burst.
- Mash the purple sweet potato and then mix the rest of the ingredients in.
- Form into balls of whatever size you desire. I like bigger ones.
- Boil a pot of water, enough water so that when you put them in, they float.
- Carefully place all of the purple sweet potato balls in and boil until they can be squished with chopsticks or a spoon. They should all float as well.
- Enjoy warm with a bit of sugar or maple syrup (honey if you like it)!