Makes: 1 pint
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 24 hrs
pounds non-fat Greek yogurt
garlic cloves, peeled
teaspoons kosher salt
extra virgin olive oil
dried mint (optional)
In This Recipe
- Line a large strainer with cheesecloth, and set into the large bowl.
- Zest or finely chop the garlic cloves.
- In a large bowl mix the garlic, lemon juice, and salt, until fully incorporated.
- Place the yogurt mixture in the cheesecloth, and cover the yogurt by bringing the edges of the cloth towards the middle.
- Let drain in the fridge for 24 hours.
- When ready squeeze any excess liquid, and place into an airtight container, or serve immediately.
- Garnish with extra virgin olive oil, and dried mint – serve with warm pita and olives.