Author Notes: My local grocery store is now carrying a selection of Di Bruno cheeses, as well as various condiments and jams. I created this recipe for an appetizer for one of my dinner parties, and it was a hit....The blend of sweet fig and savory balsamic, along with the melted cheese, was a delight to the senses! —LazizaBites
French baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
Di Bruno Bros. Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
jar, Italian organic fig preserves
bottle of Blaze (Balsamic Glaze)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place baguette rounds on parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Cut thin slices of cheese, and place one slice on each round. The cheese is a bit crumbly, but that's OK - you can place some of the crumbles on the bread.
- Top each round with a 1/2 teaspoon of fig preserve.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over each bread round.
- Place baking pan in the oven, and bake for about 10 - 12 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt. Just keep an eye on it as you don't want to cheese to be too melted and the fig jam to start dripping down.
- Transfer rounds to a serving plate, and enjoy with your Italian wine!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish