If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A lovely and elegant salad, with sweet and tart flavors to complement the earthy flavors of Thanksgiving dinner. —LazizaBites
Serves 6 - 8
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- pinches freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces organic spring mix, (or any salad of your choice)
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper (to sprinkle over salad)
- 4 figs, quartered
- 4 campari tomatoes, quartered
- handfuls walnuts (optional)
- Mix the 2 vinegars, lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil, shallots, pomegranate seeds, pepper and salt together, until well combined.
- Place your salad in a large shallow serving dish. Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Scatter the figs, tomatoes and walnuts over the salad.
- Check the vinaigrette for taste - you may need to add more lemon juice, salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Give the vinaigrette a stir before dressing the salad, and dress immediately before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side