Author Notes: Stuffing is not just for Thanksgiving! This recipe is basically just kale, spinach, parsley and onions and incorporates just a little bit of bread crumbs to create a healthy side dish. It can be used instead of stuffing/dressing and won't stuff you! (but, it is delicious with turkey) —dymnyno
3 stalks celery, small dice
1 large yellow onion, small dice
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound fresh spinach or 1 package of frozen spinach
2 bunches kale (about a pound)
1 leek, cleaned , small dice
1 bunch Italian parsley, minced
2 cups grated parmesan cheese
2 cups plain dried bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
- Separately steam the kale, the spinach and drain really well and chop finely.
- Grate 2 cups of parmesan cheese.
- In 2 tablespoons olive oil, saute the celery , onions, garlic,and leeks. Add the minced parsley and saute until the vegetables are translucent. (but not browned)
- Mix the onion, celery, garlic, leek and parsley into the kale, spinach mixture.
- Add most of the parmesan cheese and the bread crumbs and mix until totally incorporated. The rest of the bread crumbs and cheese are for the topping.
- Put the mixture into a large souffle dish or casserole. Top with some bread crumbs and parmesan.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 35 minutes. (you can stuff a bird with it , too)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Green Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side