This is not your average artichoke dip! The savory Fullblood Wagyu beef bacon adds another level of flavor to this creamy dip. Take your pan-fried pita crisps and immerse them in melted cheese, crispy bacon bits, artichokes, shallots, and a touch of garlic. This dip is perfect for game day gatherings or a movie night with the family! —Double8Cattle
- Prep time 45 minutes
- Cook time 25 minutes
- Serves 6
Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Beef Bacon (diced into half inch strips)
Butter (for greasing the ceramic baking dish)
Shallots (small diced)
Garlic Cloves (minced)
BAG Frozen Artichokes (thawed)
1 1/2 teaspoons
Kosher Salt (divided)
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
Rendered Fullblood Wagyu Beef Bacon Fat
- Tools - Large Sauté Pan, Food Processor or Blender, 9-inch Round Ceramic Pie Pan
- FIRST STEP Pull the Fullblood Wagyu beef bacon from the freezer, and place it in the refrigerator 24 hours before making this recipe.
- PREPARING THE DIP Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Butter a 9-inch (round) ceramic deep-dish pie pan or a 2 quart baking dish. Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the grapeseed oil to the pan, as well as the Fullblood Wagyu bacon. Cook the bacon until crispy (about 10 minutes). Using a metal strainer, drain off the bacon fat into a ceramic bowl. Reserve the bacon fat. Remove the bacon from the pan, and drain on paper towels. In the same pan that you cooked the bacon in, add 2 teaspoons of the reserved Fullblood Wagyu bacon fat. Then, add the diced shallots, minced garlic, artichokes, 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes over medium-high heat until the shallots are caramelized and the artichokes begin to brown. Transfer the vegetables to a food processor or blender. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, 3/4 of the cooked bacon pieces, and the remaining 1 teaspoon of kosher salt to the blender. Pulse until all ingredients are combined but still chunky. Fold in the shredded parmesan cheese and minced chives. Pour the dip into the prepared deep-dish pan. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes until slightly browned on top.
- PREPARING THE PITA CRISPS Heat a large, heavy-bottom sauté pan on medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of the reserved Fullblood Wagyu bacon fat to the pan. Once hot, add the pita bread and brown on both sides (cook for 1 minute per side). Transfer the pita bread to a cutting board, and repeat the process with each piece of pita. Once all of the pita bread is pan fried in the Fullblood Wagyu bacon fat, cut the bread into half and then into triangles. Place the pita triangles on a baking sheet with parchment paper, and sprinkle with kosher salt and ancho chili powder. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes until slightly crispy.
- FINAL STEPS Once the dip and the pita bread have finished cooking in the oven, top the dip with the remaining bacon pieces. Serve the Fullblood Wagyu beef bacon, artichoke, and shallot dip with the warm pita crisps. Enjoy!