If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my stab at Korean-Ohio fusion. It is basically sauerkraut balls—standard Northern Ohio bar food—made with Kim Chee instead of sauerkraut.
They are quite tasty just out of the fryer, and remarkably good cold too. —dsanson
Serves: a party
oil for frying
- Slice kim chee into thin strips.
- Brown pork in skillet. Add kim chee. Cook until pork is done.
- In a bowl, mix pork/kim chee mixture with some rice, some cream cheese, and an egg until you get something you can form into (loose) balls.
- Form balls (anywhere from 3/4" to 1.5" across)---I like them on the small side.
- Chill in refrigerator until firm.
- Dip in beaten egg, then roll in bread crumbs and sesame seeds.
- Deep fry until golden brown.