- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 45 minutes
- Serves 2
This one-skillet wonder brings all the cozy comforts of a pot pie, but with peak summer produce, so you can feel warm and fuzzy all year round. Sweet summer corn, fresh green beans, crisp zucchini, and juicy cherry tomatoes are sautéed individually so each is perfectly cooked. The veggies are baked together in a rich chicken gravy and are topped with flaky puff pastry. The whole thing comes together in All-Clad’s D3® Stainless 8” Fry Pan—it's the perfect portion for two, so grab a pair of spoons and dive right into the skillet. —Sohla El-Waylly
Test Kitchen Notes
This recipe is shared in partnership with All-Clad. —The Editors
sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
neutral oil, divided
small zucchini, cut into ¼-inch pieces
Kosher salt, to taste
green beans, trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces
cherry tomatoes, cut in half
ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob
1 1/2 tablespoons
1 1/2 cups
chicken bone broth
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
small shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Unfold the sheet of puff pastry onto a cutting board and gently flatten with a rolling pin. Using an 8” fry pan as a guide, cut out a circle a little larger than the rim of your pan. Score the dough with a sharp knife, starting at the center, then fanning out to the outer rim, until you get all the way around. Transfer to a plate and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat the fry pan over medium-high heat with 1 teaspoon of neutral oil. Add the zucchini and season with a pinch of salt. Cook, tossing frequently, until the zucchini is golden-brown and tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer the zucchini into a medium bowl. Repeat with the green beans, corn, and cherry tomatoes, transferring each batch of cooked vegetables to the same bowl.
- Over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan and use a stiff rubber spatula or wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits that have developed. Transfer liquid to the bowl with your other vegetables.
- Add the butter to the pan and heat over medium-high until melted and foaming. Add the flour and whisk until combined. Cook, stirring constantly, until the flour just starts to smell toasty but is still blonde, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the bone broth and season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until the gravy is thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes. Add the gravy to the bowl with the vegetables, along with the garlic, shallots, and parsley, and stir to combine.
- Whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon of water until well combined. Pour the vegetable mixture into the fry pan and top with your prepared puff pastry. Brush the puff pastry with egg wash and then place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the puff pastry is a deep golden-brown. Rest for 10 minutes, then serve.