If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was a salad that my friend Brigitte would make when we hung out at her kitchen table too long and it was already time for some lunch. —Maria Long
Serves 4 or 2 depending on your bowl
- 2 Big apples cored and thinly sliced- I like galas. squirt them with some lemon juice so the don't get brown..
- 1 cup of shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 cup of thinly sliced cremini or white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnut oil or olive oil (walnut is awesome)
- Mix all the salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Mix the shallots, the salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard and honey in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add the walnut or olive oil in a thin stream slowly while you keep mixing until it is thick.
- Add dressing to the salad and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Salad with Apples