Nothing beats fresh pasta and controlling what goes inside of it. This ravioli recipe can be manipulated any way you wish by using your favorite ingredients in the filling and changing the sauce. —TylerSangermano
- Makes 24-30
all purpose or wheat flour
red pepper, diced
artichoke hearts, diced
asiago cheese, shredded
fresh parsley, minced
cloves garlic, minced
red onion, sliced
1 1/2 cups
spinach and baby arugula
In This Recipe
- On a clean surface, form a volcano with a deep crater on you countertop. Make sure your sides are sturdy.
- In a small bowl, wisk together 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, water, oil and nutmeg.
- Slowly pour egg mix into the crater. It is ok if it does not all fit at first.
- With a fork, gently stir the egg in the flour and begin collapsing the volcano into itself. Add the rest of the egg.
- Once you have a firm, slightly sticky dough, remove it from the flour and kneed for 3-5 minutes.
- Cover in a bowl and refridgerate for one hour.
- Saute your red pepper, artichoke hearts and 2 cloved of garlic.
- Mix vegetables, 1 egg and salt and pepper with ricotta cheese. Refridgerate 30 minutes.
- Once your dough has chilled for an hour, divide it into 2 pieces and roll it out. This can either be done with a pasta machine - up to setting 5 - or by hand with a rolling pin until it is about an eighth of an inch.
- If you have a ravioli press, place one layer over and press with the mold. If you do not, take either a round cookie cutter or a small glass and cut out circles.
- Wisk an egg and brush it over the edges of your ravioli. This will help the dough stick together.
- Spoon your filling onto the dough. It goes in the pocket if you have a press, or in the center of the circles you cut out.
- Place the top layer of dough over the bottom of your ravioli.
- If you are using a press, roll a rolling pin over the press until the dough is cut. If you are making ravioli by hand, seal the edges by pinching the circles all the way around.
- Cook in boiling salted water until they float.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a skillet.
- Add ravioli to the skillet.
- When the ravioli begin to get some color, add 2 cloves of garlic,red onion and spinach and baby arugula.
- Cook until ravioli have a nice golden-brown color and vegetables are to your liking.