If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adore vegetables, and this recipe is the ultimate vegetable fiesta plate.
It's the perfect dish when you don't have a lot of time or don't feel like cooking, but still want something satisfying. I paired my ravioli with Italian sausage cooked in balsamic vinegar. Here are some other ingredients to consider adding:
...really the posibilities are endless.
- 1 1/2 cups red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups green pepper
- 1 1/2 cups red onion
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups carrot
- 1 1/2 cups mushroom
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 jar stir fry sauce
- 2 packages Uncle Ben's white rice
- 5-7 pitas
- 5-7 slices provolone cheese
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, cut chicken into strips and begin cooking.
- Cut all vegetables.
- When the chicken is half way done, start cooking vegetables in a large skillet. Start with mushrooms and carrots, followed by garlic, onion, peppers and cabbage, and finally the corn and salt.
- Cook vegetables until desired tenderness. I like mine to have some crunch.
- Heat Uncle Ben's rice according to package. I use Uncle Ben's because I'm very picky about the texture of my rice and he seems to get it just right. Feel free to use which ever rice you choose.
- Add the rice and chicken to the vegetables and remove from heat.
- Gradually add stir fry sauce. I end up using almost a whole jar.
- Brown pita in a skillet.
- Place pita on a plate and add a slice or two of provolone.
- Spoon stir fry mix on top.