If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe from my friend Engeline. —Kitchen Butterfly
- 300 gram couscous
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of dark balsamico vinegar
- 1 lemon juice (and zest, if you like)
- 400 gram green beans / runner beans
- 100 gram olives -cut in half (green and black)
- 6 small - medium organic vine tomatoes, skinned or sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the couscous, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl and add 300ml of boiled water. Mix well and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Taste - if it is still hard, add a little water to the couscous. Stir with a fork to separate the grains.
- While the couscous is resting, steam the runner beans for a few minutes till they are cooked, crisp but still green. Remove from the steamer and let them cool down on a tea cloth. Then cut them into pieces about 3cm long.
- Dice the skinned tomatoes (or sundried tomatoes) and add with the runner beans and olives to the couscous. Then add the lemon juice (and zest), salt and pepper. Stir again and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives