If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Blueberry Brie Risotto is a Roman recipe. It is best made with vegetable stock so as not to overpower the flavor of the berries.
The great thing about this recipe is that there is no fat in it besides the brie – no butter or olive oil – yet it is so creamy that you would never be able to tell. —Justforlicks
- 4-5 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 1 carton Blueberries, washed and pureed
- 1/3 cup Brie Cheese, without the rind
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Heat the vegetable or chicken stock and set aside.
- In a saute pan, add red wine and rice. Cook on medium and gently stir the rice until the wine has almost been absorbed. Add one ladle-ful of stock and continue to stir. When the liquid has almost been absorbed, add another ladle-ful of stock. Continue this process until approximately 4-5 cups of stock have been used. The rice should be “al dente” and creamy, not mushy. If the rice is too firm, add more stock until you reach the desired firmness.
- At this point, add the pureed blueberries, salt and brie and stir until the cheese has completely melted. Serve immediately.