Author Notes: This a nice starter for dinner or could be paired with a sandwich for lunch. —inpatskitchen
Serves: 6 as a starter
cups finely chopped leek ( white only)
ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
cups sliced carrots
cups unsalted beef stock
teaspoon ground thyme
teaspoon black pepper
cup dry sherry
Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
In This Recipe
- In a dutch oven, melt the butter and add the leek and mushrooms. Saute on medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- Add the carrots, beef stock and thyme. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and dry sherry. Bring back to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe