Five Two Essential Knives
Our Five Two knives have handles that are good-looking enough to steal the whole show—but that’s just the beginning. After 4,500 community members weighed in, we reimagined your regular slicers and dicers as three indispensable blades: a classic chef’s knife that’s your all-around MVP, a serrated blade for breads and so much more, and a paring knife for small jobs. They’re all fully forged and crafted from super-sharp Japanese steel, with soft-touch handles and an extra-comfy grip. No other knives need apply.
- Four standout shades: This is how we really gave these knives the Five Two touch: handles in our signature palette (very easy on the eyes). They’re crafted in a material that feels great in-hand, too.
- Vintage-inspired details: The brass rivets grow more beautiful with use. They’ll develop a patina over time—it’s a nod to the vintage styling we love.
- A knife for every task: The chef’s knife is sharp enough for tomatoes; the serrated knife works wonders on crusty breads (delicate cakes too!); and the paring knife’s for the little jobs.
- Top-notch Japanese steel: 82% of you noted that sharpness is the most important quality in a knife—we agree, so we used carbon-infused Japanese steel on ours. It will keep its edge longer, plus it won’t rust easily.
- A just-right weight: Hundreds of you weighed in on how heavy a knife should be. We designed our full tang knives to feel substantial and well-balanced in your hand but also light enough for marathon prep sessions.
- A bolster to help your grip: We designed the spot where blade and handle meet with a gentle slope to make chopping easier and safer to do.
Photography by Rocky Luten, Ty Mecham
Details & Materials +-
Knives: Forged Japanese steel (full tang); Handles: Soft-touch polymer, lead-free brass rivets
Chef’s Knife: 8" Blade; Total Dimensions: 2.25"W x 13"L x 0.75"H, weighs about .55 lb (250g); 13 degrees blade angle
Serrated Knife: 9" Blade; Total Dimensions: 1.5"W x 14"L x 0.75"H, weighs about .55 lb (250g); 13 degrees blade angle
Paring Knife: 3.5" Blade; Total Dimensions: 1"W x 8"L x 0.75"H, weighs about .22 lb (100g); 12 degrees blade angle
Care & Notes +-
Give your knives a gentle wash after every use and dry with a soft cloth. Mild soap and warm water are your friends here. Also, avoid letting them sit in water. They're dishwasher-safe, but we strongly recommend washing by hand as a dishwasher will dull and damage your blades.
Shipping & Returns +-
View our Return Policy.
Our Tips & Stories
How we'd use this beauty in our own homes.
5 minutes of upkeep will streamline your dinner prep.
"How easy is that?"
Follow these no-fuss steps.
Five Two Essential Knives
A Similar Style
Elsewhere on Food52
Today’s Top StoryOur 26 Coziest Fall Pasta Recipes
So Hot Right Now
Absolute Best TestsThe Absolute Best Way to Cook Chicken Thighs, According to So Many Tests
Big Little RecipesCrisp, Chewy Almond Butter Cookies in 3 Ingredients