🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Ann Seranne's Rib Roast of Beef

Food52_12-13-11-2956

I have a question about the recipe "Ann Seranne's Rib Roast of Beef" from Genius Recipes.
What level of doneness (is that a word?) does this recipe produce? Are there adjustments to produce a rarer roast, or one that is more medium?

asked by ahstone about 3 years ago
Miglore

Kristen is the Executive Editor of Food52

It depends a bit on what size roast you have -- if you have one on the larger side, you'll get more variation in doneness (I do believe it is a word!), with the middle slices being more rare than the outer slices. You can also tweak the time slightly if you know everyone will want theirs more (or less) rare, say by adding or subtracting 5 minutes to the roasting time -- but unfortunately we don't have a chart for that.

What I did with a 6 rib roast was to put it in my warming drawer for another 30 minutes and tested the internal temperature. I took it out when the instant thermometer read over 140, it was perfectly medium rare. Not bloody at all. I know the recipe states to not open the door, but I cooked it one hour, and left it in the oven two hours and then took it out to the warming drawer (preheated) for another 30 minutes. The key is taking the temperature, imo.