🔎

• 2

• 844

A question about a recipe: Ann Seranne's Rib Roast of Beef

I have a question about the recipe "Ann Seranne's Rib Roast of Beef" from Genius Recipes.
Others have asked the questions, but at this point there is no answer. How do we adjust the cooking/sear time to accommodate a roast without bones?

Food52_12-13-11-2956
Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

This method was designed by Seranne to work for a bone-in roast, and since we haven't tested a boneless version, we'd hate to lead you astray. This is our advice: you'll want to use a roasting rack (the bones act as the rack), and keep the fatty side up as it roasts to baste the meat. Bones conduct heat into the center of a roast, so a boneless roast will actually take longer to cook. You might try 6 minutes per pound at 500 degrees instead of 5 minutes. And if you're nervous, you could try checking the internal temperature midway through (opening and closing the oven quickly to keep the heat in).

DGCook added over 2 years ago

Thanks so much for your answer. I appreciate your help. Your point about the bones acting like a rack is valid. If I decide to try the boneless route I will let you know how this works.