If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I planned on making Emeril's Spaghetti Bordelaise which I make often and love. It sort of evolved into this one, however, which I think I love even more. It can be a side or an entree depending on how much you pile on your plate. - inpatskitchen
Makes 4 sides or 2 huge entrees
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 10 to 12 ounces dry spaghetti or linguini
- Chicken broth to cook the pasta
- 9 to 10 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves (leave the stems on....they're good for you!)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a very large saute pan, saute the garlic and shallots in the olive oil until everything softens up. Add the oregano, fennel, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Give it all a couple of stirs and then add the wine. Lower the heat while you bring the chicken stock up to a boil in a separate pot.
- Cook the pasta in the broth just short of al dente. Drain, reserving about 2 cups of the broth for finishing the dish
- Turn the heat up to high on your saute pan and when everything starts bubbling add the pasta. While stirring the pasta, add the spinach leaves a handful at a time along with some of the chicken broth. Keep stirring and alternating spinach and broth until the spinach has wilted. Depending on how loose you want the dish, you may not need all the broth.
- Stir in the feta and green onions. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
What's sweet and sour and your new favorite ingredient?
The answer is tamarind.
Ottolenghi's secret ingredient.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Live la vie en rose.
Take these foods to go.