If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Earlier this year I tried making hummus, and there has been no going back. It was one of those things that is so worth making at home. I always cook my own beans and lentils, I think that it is not a difficult thing to do and adds in a huge depth of flavor to anything. But again, as with everything, if you do not have the time or interest this can be made with canned beans thoroughly washed and the salt needs to be adjusted accordingly. I ended up trying this roasted celery on a whimsy, since I had a lot of celery on hand.
The recipe ended up with a nice mild flavor, but it took a lot of blending to get the celery to break down into a nice smooth textured paste to work with the hummus.
—Rinku Bhattacharya /Spice Chronicles
Makes 1 large cup
- 4 ? stalks of celery, trimmed and cut into 1 cm pieces (about 1 cup)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (preferably EV)
- 2 pods of garlic
- 1 green serrano chili, minced (optional)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced parsely
- Place the celery in a baking dish.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil
- Place the two pods of garlic in a corner of the dish and scatter with the chili.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Place the chickpeas in the blender.
- Add in the hot roasted celery and other vegetables, with any residual oil into the blender.
- Add in the tahini, lime or lemon juice, salt and blend for 3-4 minutes until nice and smooth.
- Remove from the blender into a bowl, stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons of Olive oil and the minced parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.