If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite appetizers to make. It's flavors are clean and crisp, the texture both crunchy and silky. The taste and smell of them immediately transport me to the southern coast of Norway on a sunny summer day. —fiveandspice
Makes about 20
- 4 cucumbers
- 5 slices of gravlax, each cut into 4 small pieces
- creme fraiche
- fresh dill, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the cucumbers, and peel off strips of the skin lengthwise, leaving alternating stripes of dark skin and light flesh. Cut the cucumbers into about 1/2 inch slices. Lightly sprinkle with salt and place on paper towels. Allow to drain for about a half hour, then rinse and pat dry.
- Arrange 20 cucumber slices on a serving platter. Put a small dollop of creme fraiche on each cucumber round. Top with a small piece of gravlax. Sprinkle the canapes with chopped fresh dill and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with a crisp white wine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
Z Is for Zucchini
Learning to love the summer squash
Show zucchini some love.
Blend your plums—seriously.
It's time to travel.
It's all about the sauce.