If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Stuffing is not just for Thanksgiving! This recipe is basically just kale, spinach, parsley and onions and incorporates just a little bit of bread crumbs to create a healthy side dish. It can be used instead of stuffing/dressing and won't stuff you! (but, it is delicious with turkey) —dymnyno
- 3 stalks celery, small dice
- 1 large yellow onion, small dice
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh spinach or 1 package of frozen spinach
- 2 bunches kale (about a pound)
- 1 leek, cleaned , small dice
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, minced
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups plain dried bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Separately steam the kale, the spinach and drain really well and chop finely.
- Grate 2 cups of parmesan cheese.
- In 2 tablespoons olive oil, saute the celery , onions, garlic,and leeks. Add the minced parsley and saute until the vegetables are translucent. (but not browned)
- Mix the onion, celery, garlic, leek and parsley into the kale, spinach mixture.
- Add most of the parmesan cheese and the bread crumbs and mix until totally incorporated. The rest of the bread crumbs and cheese are for the topping.
- Put the mixture into a large souffle dish or casserole. Top with some bread crumbs and parmesan.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 35 minutes. (you can stuff a bird with it , too)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Green Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Beet greens can't be beat.
This month's most pinned recipes.