Author Notes: This a nice starter for dinner or could be paired with a sandwich for lunch. - inpatskitchen
Serves 6 as a starter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups finely chopped leek ( white only)
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 8 cups unsalted beef stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a dutch oven, melt the butter and add the leek and mushrooms. Saute on medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- Add the carrots, beef stock and thyme. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and dry sherry. Bring back to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe