If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This a nice starter for dinner or could be paired with a sandwich for lunch. - inpatskitchen
Serves 6 as a starter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups finely chopped leek ( white only)
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 8 cups unsalted beef stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a dutch oven, melt the butter and add the leek and mushrooms. Saute on medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- Add the carrots, beef stock and thyme. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper and dry sherry. Bring back to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.