Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come..
Today: How to make everyone's favorite dessert topper.
From ice cream sundaes to pumpkin pies, any and every dessert benefits from a generous dollop of whipped cream. With just one ingredient -- heavy whipping cream -- and a little muscle, you'll have soft, voluminous peaks in no time. Ready to whip up your own? Grab your whisk and read these links!
- For the best whipped cream ever, follow these five tips. (Food52.)
- Did you accidentally over-whip the cream? Watch this video to learn how to rescue it. (America's Test Kitchen.)
- When plain old whipped cream just won't do, try these flavored whipped cream suggestions. (Serious Eats.)
- No whisk (or electric mixer)? No problem. You can whip cream in a jar! (Martha Stewart.)
- For a dairy-free alternative, make whipped cream with coconut milk. (The Kitchn.)
What are your tips for whipping cream? Share them with us in the comments!