A&M had the tough job of judging the Pie Bake-Off at Saturday's Harvest Fest at beautiful Stone Barns in Pocantico Hills, NY. To see all the fun, check out the winning pie recipe, photo slideshow and video below.
Video by Drew Lavyne, creator and director of Six Minute Stories
Maple Delicata Pie (the winner!)
by Krystal Ford
Makes one 9-inch pie
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut delicata squash lengthwise into two halves and scoop out seeds.
3. Divide a tablespoon of butter and brown sugar between the squash halves and bake for 30 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. Set aside until cooled and turn oven down to 350 degrees.
4. Scoop out squash (1 1/2 cups worth) into a blender. Add cream, maple syrup, and remaining brown sugar and blend until smooth (about 1 to 2 minutes).
5. Pour squash blend into a medium-sized bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
6. Mix in eggs, one egg at a time.
7. Pour filling into pie shell.
8. Bake for 1 hour or until set.
9. Allow pie to cool and refrigerate for 2 hours.
See what other Food52 readers are saying.