We've scoured the web for our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
This week was all about citrus and soup (hey, does anyone need a new blog name?). If that doesn't scream winter to you, we don't know what does. Both astringent citrus and hot soup lend healing and comforting powers to the coughs and colds currently plaguing the masses. Even if you aren't feeling under the weather, fill up on citrus and soup this weekend -- just in case.
- For a different take on orange cake, try this tangerine sour cream pound cake. (Hummingbird High.)
- This gluten-free cake is finished with a citrus glaze and dried rose petals. (Cannelle et Vanille.)
- Start your day off right with these cranberry-orange muffins. (Pastry Affair.)
- Blend butternut squash and bell peppers to create this bright, warming soup. (Crepes of Wrath.)
- Before calling for delivery, try your hand at this homemade vegetarian miso ramen. (The Bojon Gourmet.)
- A velvety garlic and potato soup will ease all your winter blues. (How Sweet It Is.)
Photos on top by (clockwise) Vanilla Bean Blog, Hummingbird High, Pastry Affair, Cannelle et Vanille
Photos on bottom by (clockwise) Crepes of Wrath, My Blue & White Kitchen, How Sweet It Is, The Bojon Gourmet
Which food blogs inspired you this week? Tell us in the comments!