If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
It's time to pack your backpacks, weekenders, totes, and carry-ons for holiday travel, making room for gifts and extra sweaters and probably some snacks. But once you factor in the reality of layovers, traffic, train delays, and long uninterrupted stretches of playing the waiting game, you're going to also need to find room for a book to keep you company!
Need a recommendation? Look no further than this list of all the novels, memoirs ,and otherwise food-themed books our staff loves. So swing by the your local bookstore, lean your seat way back (if the person behind you allows), and read on. Happy Turkey Travel!
- Lauren loves Delancey: A Man, a Woman, and a Restaurant (and we all love Molly Wizenberg).
- It seems like everyone on our team has read (and adores) The Omnivore's Dilemma.
- If Kenzi remembers to bring it, she reads MKF Fisher on the train "like the sap I am at heart."
- Both Lauren and Hannah agree that Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle is always worth cracking open.
- Haley loves The Third Plate.
- Amanda suggests Tamar Adler's An Everlasting Meal, which she says she has gifted.
- Gabi indulges her sweet tooth with The Sweet Life in Paris.
- Lindsay-Jean suggests picking up a copy of Cooking for Mr. Latte—written by our very own co-founder Amanda Hesser.
- Caroline wants you to try The Fortune Cookie Chronicles.
- Riddley loves Garlic and Sapphires (the book, but also those things).
- Taylor, a complete Gabrielle Hamilton fangirl, reads and re-reads Blood, Bones & Butter.
- According to Leslie, Gulp is something everyone should read—it's "so good!"
What are your favorite food books? Tell us in the comments!
All photos courtesy of Amazon