Life moves pretty fast, as Ferris Bueller says. Here's a selection of our favorite stories from the site last week.
- Lindsay Jean told us about kale’s more interesting cousin.
- And we asked you to Romaine calm at your Oscar party.
- We dished out our favorite reads from around the web.
- And asked you to show a little cake restraint.
- Our test kitchen chef Josh Cohen schooled us on how to make fresh pasta dough like a chef.
- And Leslie made us question why we ever still order takeout.
- Plus, you already knew how much we adore the apron company Hedley & Bennett, but we swooned even harder when Amanda Sims gave us a look inside their factory (seriously guys, they have a slide).
- And in case you've been looking for a simple trick to bolster flavor in your baked goods, we had you covered on that, too.
- To continue encouraging you to tinker with baking recipes, we further investigated where it’s okay to reduce sugar.
- We learned about one of the most ancient and mysterious fruits of the citrus family and then read how Emiko turns it into grown-up lemonade.
- With all the award shows this month, we knew you’d be in need of some superior movie snacks.
- And we got funky with some fermentation.
- Sarah learned the secret to movie theater popcorn and blew our minds with a taste test.
- And exposed the truth behind some Parmesan cheese—surprise, it's not all cheese!
- Kristen told you how to make salads great in the winter.
- While we also wondered what the heck Washi Tape is.
- We threw it back to some vintage footage to find out what Amanda and Merrill really eat for breakfast.
- And learned about a fascinating, vegetarian Indian club sandwich...which we may or may not be in love with.
- Riddley also gave us an idea for a build your own brunch bar to please everyone at your next morning get together.
- And we told you about this year’s Food Book Fair, an event you New Yorkers shouldn’t miss!
- Sarah Black regaled us with the story of how she created the ciabatta that changed New York.
- We offered up some stately advice to the presidential candidates as they make their way across the campaign trail.
- Erin McDowell told us why savory tarts are what you should be warming your house up with.
- And we raised a toast in memory of the late Harper Lee.