You may not ever find yourself in the situation with leftover pizza—but maybe you find yourself (lucky!) with a glut of pizza, and after the slice you'll relish for breakfast tomorrow morning, cold from the fridge, you're not really sure what to do with it all.
We have a few ideas:
- Reheat your pizza (in a cast-iron pan, with a splash of water, for a crispy crust!) and top it with runny-yolked fried egg. Knife and fork are acceptable eating companions here.
- Salad pizza? Salad pizza.
- Make like Karl Rosaen and make a savory bread pudding with your leftover pizza. (Why not?) Dice pizza and any vegetables you like and layer in a dish with an egg-milk custard mixture and Parmesan cheese. Bake until bubbly.
- Or chop it up and add it to a frittata.
- Crisp up chopped pizza in a hot skillet and use as croutons (on soup, on salad, beneath a fried egg...).
- Give a piece of pizza the matzo brei treatment...
- ...or the mozzarella in carrozza one.
- Or turn it into soup, ribollita-style. (Or sopa de ajo-style).
You've got a whole box of leftover pizza. What do you do with it? Share your ideas—wild ones encouraged—in the comments.