If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
When it comes to making pizza dough, it can become a real science experiment. But after a few test trials, Gourmetpompey found a way to incorporate beer (beer!) into her pizza dough—and thus, Beer Pizza was born. She found that warming the beer before mixing it with the dry ingredients was the winning trick to make a fluffy and beer-fragrant dough.
The beer provides an extra dose of hearty yeast flavor, in addition to the dried yeast in the dough. Top the risen dough with hot Italian sausage and a medley of bell peppers, creating a bright, sweet collage of colors in between slices of fresh mozzarella cheese. And while the pizza's baking, pour out an extra glass of beer to wash it down with—the two have never been such a perfect match.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 packet yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup warm beer
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced yelllow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced orange bell pepper
- 2 cups Pizza sauce; I pick a good kind with maybe garlic or basil in it and low sodium.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, cut up; cook sausage until just slightly pink
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped garlic
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella—nice thick slices for the top of the pizza
How else do you cook with beer? Share your tips in the comments.