If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
But going forward, never miss a judgment: By signing up for our daily email bulletin, you'll get the verdict delivered to your inbox, along with an exclusive recipe from each day's winning cookbook. Here's just a taste of what you'll get—a cake from today's winning book:
For the cake:
- 1 2/3 sticks unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 11 1/2 ounces high-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- Confectioners’ sugar, to dust
For the cream:
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon instant espresso coffee dissolved in ½ tablespoon boiling water
- 2 tablespoons whiskey, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, or to taste