If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Tune in at 11 am EST on our Facebook page to see the live event and in the meantime, read on for more about what's happening and how you can get involved by donating to a good cause.
Want the short version? Please help us raise money for No Kid Hungry here.
The Bake Off
Quick refresher to make sure everyone's up to speed: All this year we're supporting No Kid Hungry and we invited a few of our friends (like Nigella Lawson, Patti Labelle, Padma Lakshmi, and more) to help us raise money by throwing a Bake Off of epic proportions.
They've submitted their favorite recipes for everything from cherry pie to chocolate cake and we've baked them all up in the Food52 Test Kitchen. Today (TODAY!), you can join us live on Facebook for the showdown at 11 am EST: All of those baked goods submitted by our friends will face off, and Deb Perelman will have the extremely challenging (but tasty) task of determining the winner.
Here's the full list of contenders and links to their recipes, so you can test them all out for yourselves:
- Padma Lakshmi's Cardamom and Cashew Cloud Cookies
- Nigella Lawson's Dark and Sumptuous Chocolate Cake
- Patti LaBelle's Two-Fruit Almond Crumble Bar
- Curtis Stone's Cherry Amaretto Lattice Pie
- David Burtka's Chocolate and Cherry Scones
How to get involved
1. Live in the NYC area? Donate to No Kid Hungry via The Great Food52 Bake Off's Go Fund Me page. If you make the highest bid, we will hand-deliver all of the baked goods from the Bake Off to your office (consider this your chance to be the office hero). To be eligible to win, donations can be made right up until the end of the broadcast of the Bake Off. You'll have to watch it to know exactly when it ends, but we expect it to be around 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Not in NYC? You can still donate here to help the cause!
3. Wherever you live: If you want to wager a guess at which baked good will win the crown, comment on this post with the participant's name or the name of their baked good—you might earn bragging rights for your predictive powers.
(In all seriousness, please know that bids of all sizes are greatly appreciated—no matter where you live—because all proceeds raised will go to No Kid Hungry. One dollar can help provide a hungry child with 10 healthy meals. So, whether or not you walk away with a truckload of baked goods, know that your donation makes a big difference towards ending childhood hunger in America.)