These days you can buy, well, pretty much anything you can think of on Amazon, from high-tech gadgets and comfy leggings to fancy-schmancy blenders and groceries. Which is what makes the company's annual shopping holiday—Prime Day—so darn exciting.
During Prime Day (which has been extended to a whopping two days this year), you can save big on quite literally hundreds of thousands of products, some of which we'd wager are already on your wish list.
Here's everything you need to know about Amazon Prime Day, including our favorite deals and limited-time offers. (And don't worry, we'll be updating this article with new picks as they are added to Amazon.)
- When is Prime Day? This year's Amazon Prime Day will take place for 48 hours (up from 36 hours last year!), starting on Monday, July 15 at 12:00 a.m. (PT) and ending on Tuesday July 16 at 11:59 p.m. (PT). That's 3:00 a.m. to 2:59 a.m. for you East Coast folks.
- What is Prime Day? Amazon Prime Day is one of the internet's biggest shopping events, and this year's is set to be the best yet. According to Business Insider, Prime Day 2019 will spotlight over 1 million deals on thousands of products from different categories, ranging from kitchenware and home decor to electronics and beauty. In addition to discounted products, this year's Prime Day will also feature special in-store and online deals at Whole Foods Market, which Amazon acquired in 2017.
- You must be a Prime member to save on Prime Day: An Amazon Prime membership might be a bit pricey—it's currently $119 per year, though students and EBT and Medicaid holders can get a special discount—but Prime Day deals, in addition to a slew of year-round benefits, make it more than worth the cost. If you don't want to make the commitment just yet, now might be a good time to sign up for a free 30-day trial.
- You can start shopping deals right now: Many deals won't go live until Prime Day officially kicks off, but this year Amazon is featuring Prime Day Launches, which are brand new items you can start shopping now (seriously) at a discounted price—for a limited time and until supplies run out (so if you love something, add it to your cart ASAP). Plus, there are tons of pre-Prime Day deals live on the site right this minute. You can find our favorite Prime Day Launches and early discounts in the list below!
- Use the "Watch a Deal" notification for your favorite items: To make sure you don't miss out on serious savings on your must-have items, use the Amazon app to get notified when deals go live. That way, when the Instant Pot gets even cheaper than it already is, you'll be ready to snap one up.
- Other retailers will up the ante during Prime Day: With all the amazing savings Amazon will be offering throughout Prime Day, you can expect other retailers—like Walmart and Target—to offer up their own special discounts to compete.
- We'll keep updating this post with our favorite deals and discounts throughout Prime Day: Once Prime Day officially goes live on July 15, we'll continue to add our top buys and sales to this article (so bookmark this now!).
$449.95 $279.95 (Save 38%)
Often considered the cream of the crop when it comes to blenders, this Vitamix—complete with hardenend stainless-steel blades, a self-cleaning function, and variable speed control—is currently 38 percent off. That means you'll save a cool $170 this Prime Day.
Prime Day Launch Deal: Mr. Coffee All-in-One Pour Over Coffee Maker, $139.99
If a supremely tasty cup of coffee is a high priority for you in the morning, consider this Mr. Coffee at-home pour over coffee maker. Its on-screen, step-by-step guide, integrated auto-measure scale, and temperature-controlled kettle ensure you'll get a barista-level brew every single time for a solid price.
Save big on the Instant Pot on Prime Day
In 2018, Amazon sold over 300,000 Instant Pots on Prime Day according to Business Insider, so you can plan on saving big on the fan-favorite this year—up to 50 percent and more, depending on the model. For more of the best Instant Pot Prime Day deals, head to our guide here.
Spend $10 at Whole Foods Market, get a $10 Amazon credit for Prime Day
Now through July 16, spend $10 at Whole Foods in-store or using Prime Now, and receive a $10 Amazon credit to use for Prime Day. Just don't forget to scan your Prime Code using the Whole Foods Market or Amazon app at checkout in store, or when you order delivery via Prime Now, to get the deal.
Save on select products at Whole Foods Market
Now through the end of Prime Day, you can find steep discounts on certain food and household items at Whole Foods. Think: two packages of one-pound organic strawberries for $5; 35 percent off 365 Everyday Value trail mixes; organic air-chilled, no-antibiotics-ever whole chicken at $2.19 per pound; and much, much more.
Save up to 25% on PepsiCo products
From Gatorade and Smartfood snacks (who doesn't love their, White Cheddar Popcorn?) to Quaker chewy granola bars and Doritos, you can save up to 25 percent on a variety of PepsiCo products available on Amazon.
Save up to 20% on This Saves Lives snack bars
These ridiculously delicious snack bars (backed by Kristen Bell, by the way) not only satisfy late afternoon cravings, but every sale sends food to children in need, as well.
Save 25% on Bubly Sparkling Water
We love an ice-cold sparkling water on a hot summer day (of which there are many to come), so we'll be stocking up on these eight-flavor variety packs from Bubly. To save 25 percent, you'll have to subscribe to auto-deliveries, which we're more than happy to do as the temperatures are regularly in the 90s and higher.
Get $10 off orders of $40 or more in Prime Pantry
When you spend more than $40 on Amazon's Prime Pantry items, you can get $10 off your order. The only thing you need to do is enter the code PANTRY at checkout—and remember this deal will only last for a limited time.
Prime Day Launch Deal: Benevolence L.A. Scented Soy Candle, $19.99
Stock up on these pretty, white and gold Launch Deal candles for birthday and holiday gifts now while they're just $19.99. Made from soy wax and available in scents like Eucalyptus Orange and Wild Lavender, for each candle purchased the company will donate some of the proceeds to Zoe International, which works to stop the spread of human trafficking.
Save $129 on Ring Video Doorbell Pro with Echo Dot until July 14
Make sure you score this Ring Video Doorbell Pro—plus the Echo Dot!—before Prime Day officially kicks off (so by Sunday, July 14). With the Ring Video Doorbell, you'll get an alert every time your doorbell is pressed or motion is detected. On top of that, you can see, hear, and speak to visitors from your phone, tablet, and computer using Ring.
Save 43% on Fire TV Recast Over-the-Air DVR, $129.99
It seems like 43 just might be Amazon's lucky number, as this top-selling Fire TV Recast—it lets you watch and record up to 75 hours of over-the-air TV at home with Fire TV or Echo Show, and with no monthly fees—is also 43 perfect off while supplies last.
Save up to 25% off household paper by Amazon
We’ve joined forces with Tillamook to support All For Farmers—a coalition benefiting farmers across the nation—with a special market that gives back. Featuring Shop all-stars and a limited-edition Five Two apron, a portion of proceeds from every purchase supports American Farmland Trust’s Brighter Future Fund.The All for Farmers Market