Inspiration for tonight's dinner: life, rebirth, beauty! Are you tired of hearing us yammer on about spring yet? Of course not! Because its fleeting, thrilling vibrancy is just about as addictive as this asparagus.
Here at Dinner Tonight HQ, we're still in full on, wide-eyed, springy bliss. That's what this dinner is all about: spring on a plate. So pop an antihistamine and breathe it all in.
As always, this meal will come together in no time and will be accompanied by much applause and deserved laudatory words and behaviors.*
The Grocery List (for 4)
1 pound asparagus
1 large leek
4 ounces pancetta
2 tablespoons pine nuts
4 salmon fillets (4-6 ounces each)
Heavy cream (optional)
We're assuming you have salt, pepper, pink and/or Szechuan peppercorns, garlic, an orange, a lemon, a lime, butter, and extra virgin olive oil. If you don't have these things, well for goodness sakes, add them to the list. If you already have all of this and more in your pantry and fridge, nice work!
1. Prep everything (zest, chop, make foil / parchment packet) for both dishes.
2. Preheat the oven and pop the salmon into its packet.
3. Slide the salmon into the oven. You now have 10 minutes to throw together the asparagus.
4. Throw the asparagus together!
5. Pull the salmon from the oven and tuck in! Dinner is served.
* I actually can't promise anything about the applause etc., but it does come together pretty fast. And hey, I think you're terrific for cooking it, so that's sort of like applause. Sort of.
A New Way to Dinner, co-authored by Food52's founders Amanda Hesser and Merrill Stubbs, is an indispensable playbook for stress-free meal-planning (hint: cook foundational dishes on the weekend and mix and match ‘em through the week).Order now