Inspiration for tonight's dinner: sweet sweet summer! Honey and maple give all of these dishes a pleasant kiss of sweetness. In amanda's Zucchini with Basil, Mint and Honey and alasully's Maple Cardamom Glazed Salmon, the honey and maple respectively marry with other bright and spicy flavors to bring balance and dimension.
Meanwhile, in slulibby's lovely Cherry Fool, honey lends a pretty dessert-ification to the sliced, toasted almonds that speckle and crunch their way through the airy cream and cherry orbs.
Zucchini with Basil, Mint and Honey by amanda
Maple Cardamom Glazed Salmon by alasully
Cherry Brown Sugar Fool with Honey Almonds by slulibby
Grocery List (for 4)
1 cup pitted fresh sweet cherries
3/4 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1 pound wild salmon filet, de-boned
1/4 cup maple syrup
4 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
10 small basil leaves
10 small mint leaves
We assume you have salt, olive oil, butter, lemon, almond extract, sugar, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, ground cardamom, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. If not, you'll need those too!
1. First of all, this may seem like a sort of elaborate undertaking for a weeknight, but in fact it all should come together quite easily and quickly if you pay a little attention to the order in which you do things. So, begin by chopping your zucchini, salting it, and setting it aside.
2. Next, a little prep for dessert! Toast those honey almonds, and prepare the cherry mixture (just 5 minutes on the stove). Set both aside to cool. Dessert is (basically) done!
3. Preheat the oven and pop that skillet in to warm up. Prepare the maple cardamom mixture and brush it over the salmon.
4. Place the salmon on the skillet to cook, and give your attention to the zucchini, which is to say saute it!
6. After you've digested, and you're feeling like dessert, whip up those fools and tuck into the pillowiest clouds of cherry-studded summer.
See what other Food52 readers are saying.