3 medium ears of corn Sour cream 1 pound sirloin steak 1 lime Fresh mint
We know you guys are the coolest, and already have olive oil, salt, black pepper, mayonnaise, milk, parmesan, cayenne, paprika, and garlic. If you're less cool than we think you are (and you're totally not) you'll need to grab all those things, too!
1. Turn the oven to 400 degrees F. Rub the steak with seasonings and let it rest while it comes to room temperature.
2. Cut the kernels from your corn cobs, and lay them out on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. While your corn roasts, grill the steak over a nice hot flame.
4. Toss the corn with its dressing, and serve (still hot) with the sliced steak. Tuck in and enjoy a seriously tasty dinner.
5. (Optional) Do that ice cream thing! Vanilla would make a lot of sense, but it's really your call.
A New Way to Dinner, co-authored by Food52's founders Amanda Hesser and Merrill Stubbs, is an indispensable playbook for stress-free meal-planning (hint: cook foundational dishes on the weekend and mix and match ‘em through the week).
I love Champagne and cheese and potato chips. In fact, that would be the most dreamtastic dinner. I have two cats and I am a proud Portlander-by-birth currently residing on Manhattan's rich and wonderful Lower East Side in a closet that has no closets. In May I finished up a masters degree in Food Studies at NYU and now I am trying to figure out exactly why I did that and what that all means. It is very fun and scary but mostly fun. I like to cook and I love to bake.