You've made it to Friday, which means it's time to treat yourself to a roundup of links we love. Go ahead, procrastinate a little.
Saint Patrick’s Day is upon us, and we’re getting ready for the booze-filled festivities. This Sunday, show your holiday spirit, whether that means wearing the colors of the Irish flag with pride or hiding in a dark pub with a pint of Guinness. We’ll be in the kitchen getting all authentic with corned beef and soda bread -- and you're crazy if you think we're not washing it all down with this.
- Even if you don’t have a drop of Irish blood in you, pretend. These recipes will help.
- Everybody drinks beer on St. Patrick's Day. Set yourself apart with a Corned Beef and Cabbage Collins, or one of these cocktails.
- Eat with historical accuracy by passing on potatoes in favor of dairy.
- If you never liked history anyway, and you're not willing to give up those beloved spuds, here are 10 things to do with them. (After you wrangle them, that is.)
- Be the cool guy with the secret to pouring the perfect Black and Tan. (More soda bread for you!)
- Listen to this folk song about Molly Malone, the Irish fishmonger. If that doesn't make you feel Irish, then we don't know what will.
Have other Saint Patrick's Day traditions? Tell us in the comments!
See what other Food52 readers are saying.