If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Perfect your corned beef and cabbage -- just in time for St. Patrick's Day.
While novelty items like Shamrock Shakes, Baileys-infused desserts, and green bagels start showing up this time of year, we can't help but yearn for something a little simpler this St. Patrick's Day. Something sturdy, satisfying, and steeped in history. Something you can always depend on -- like corned beef and cabbage. Fill up on this hearty Irish-American classic on Monday before heading to the pub. These links will help.
- A history of corned beef and cabbage -- is it really Irish? (Smithsonian.)
- Learn how to cure your own corned beef. (Ruhlman.)
- The ultimate guide to corned beef, complete with the science of simmering. (Serious Eats.)
- A genius take on the traditional dish, with a zesty parsley-mustard sauce to brighten things up. (Food52.)
- Arguably the best part of corned beef: making hash with leftovers. (Bon Appétit.)
Corned beef fans -- tell us your secrets in the comments!