Hi, can anyone recommend a better smoked salmon dip than this (simple) recipe

8 oz smoked salmon
8 oz cream cheese @ room temp
1 tbl horseradish (or to taste)
1 tbl mayo
1 tbl fresh lemon juice

garnish with chopped chives

asked by wtbryce almost 7 years ago

wtbryce

I guess I wld add some capers and maybe chopped red onion too....

lorigoldsby

Try substituting a more flavorful cheese...chèvre (with or without herbs), marscapone or fresh ricotta with fresh dill

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

I would suggest that simple is better when it comes to a smoked salmon dip. Smoked salmon is so delicious I wouldn't want to tinker around with it too much. In fact, I would recommend simple slices of smoked salmon and small bowls of all the above mentioned ingredients (red onions, dill, capers, etc) and a small selection of cheeses and let people assemble their own to suit their tastes.