🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Crimson Bulleit Punch

27515368 4ebf 40ab 9411 431260d5ee70  food52 12 04 12 3216

I have a question about the ingredient " Domaine de Canton Ginger Liquer" on the recipe "Crimson Bulleit Punch" from Oui, Chef. I can't locate the product in my area. What can I use as a substitute? Thank you!

asked by Texas Ex almost 6 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Too bad, as it's delicious! If you could make a little ginger syrup, you could add that in. Just a little for the ginger flavor.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I agree with Greenstuff - perhaps make the ginger syrup from inpatskitchen's tribute to woody and use it in place of the Domain de Canton (which is quite sweet, and not overly boozy.) I'd probably start with 1/4 part of the ginger syrup, then add more to taste.

7de1be53 97f2 4599 9d8c 718bbeec2110  steve dunn02

Sorry I missed your question when it posted a few days ago. I think hardlikearmour and Greenstuff have the right approach here, a simple syrup infused with fresh ginger would get you pretty close. Please let us know how it turns out.