A question about a recipe: World's Easiest Falafel and Tzatziki

823c5ac6 846d 4e7c a039 62ecca3bfe83  2017 0425 world s easiest falafel bobbi lin 23796

I have a question about the ingredient "dried chickpeas, rinsed well and soaked overnight" on the recipe "World's Easiest Falafel and Tzatziki" from marisab67.

I checked two different grocery stores in my area (Giant and Fresh & Green's) and neither sell dried chickpeas. Is there a specific chain of grocery store I should try?

asked by d_ribbens almost 7 years ago

I looked at your profile and noticed you are in Baltimore, try whole foods they have just about anything you would want. There are 2 in Baltimore here is the info:
Whole Foods Market • Harbor East
1001 Fleet St., Suite A
Baltimore, MD 21202
410.528.1640
410.528.1662 fax
Monday - Saturday: 8:00am to 10:00pm Sunday 8:00am to 9:00pm Cafe and hot bar open at 7:00am.
store web page | map & directions
Baltimore
Whole Foods Market • Mount Washington
1330 Smith Ave,
Baltimore, MD 21209
410.532.6700
410.532.7002 fax
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Seven days a week
store web page | map & directions

They are fairly common in the "bulk bins" sections of groceries. Sometimes labeled garbanzo beans, too.

Panfusine

Check any Indian Grocery stores in your area, they'll carry it (look for 'Kabuli Channa)

If you are anywhere near a Hispanic area, they'll be in the section with all the other dried beans. The supermarket near my house has a whole wall of Goya products. They are sometimes also called Chi-Chi Peas.

You may find them in the supermarket, in the 'ethnic' section. I would look first in you closest independent health food store -- support small local business!

YOUR closest, of course!