🔕 🔔

I have an allergy to mustard. Any ideas for subsititues?

asked by redhouse41 almost 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

What recipe are you looking to make the substitution in? Or are you asking a general question? I really depends on what you are making. Sometimes you can just omit it entirely but the flavor will be altered.

Agree with sdebrango about needing to know what recipe. Suspect in some cases an acid would help just to replace some of the oomph from mustard.

Sed

What about horseradish? Are you allergic to that? I agree with above it depends on the recipe.

I don't have a particular recipe at the moment. I usually omit the mustard when cooking but wonder if the food is more bland than it needs to be. If mustard is the main element in the recipe, I usually omit. I might try horseradish though.