How do I make wine mustard
Are you channeling your best self with this comment? (If you're not sure, check out our Code of Conduct.)
Here is a recipe http://www.fabulousfoods...
Here's another recipe for Spicy Wine Mustard: http://nyc.wholefoodsmarketcooking...
Diana B is a trusted home cook.
Love this one:
Lemon Tarragon Wine Mustard
adapted from The Ball Complete Book of Canning and Preserving
1/4 cup dried tarragon, divided in half
3/4 cup dry white wine
3/4 cup yellow mustard seeds
1 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
½ cup honey
1/4 tsp salt
1. Place 1/8 cup of the dried tarragon in a spice bag.
2. Over high heat bring the wine and the spice bag to a boil. Turn off heat, cover, and let steep for 5 minutes.
3. Add mustard seeds and allow to stand at room temperature for about 2 hrs.
4. Remove the spice bag, squeezing it to extract as much liquid as possible.
5. In a medium sauce pan combine the wine soaked mustard seeds and all of the remaining ingredients.
6. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Process in a water-bath canner
I'm giving you the following link because it has a terrific fig and port mustard recipe, but you might like to take a look at the others, as well: http://localkitchenblog...
Finally, this post has a recipe for the classic white wine Dijon-style mustard, as well as one with bourbon & brown sugar -- oh, my! http://www.foodinjars.com...
Punkdomestics.com has quite a few mustard recipes, too!
Please enter a valid email address.
Well played. You deserve a cookie.
How to Make Queso, Any Which Way
The Greatest Hits
Nashville-Style Hot Chicken
Dryer Balls—for the Fluffiest Laundry
Captcha must be verfied
Already have an account?
Don't have an account?
Please check your email for instructions on how to reset your password
Successfully logged out
Get the recipes and features that have us talking, plus first dibs on events and limited-batch products.
(Oh, and $10 off your order of $50 or more in the Food52 Shop, too.)
Thanks! We'll email you when it's available again.