A question about a recipe: Happy Accident Minestrone

54034b1a 0dd2 47c4 b163 b5b4cb923bde  005

I have a question about the ingredient "overcooked kidney beans" on the recipe "Happy Accident Minestrone" from aargersi.

asked by mrsjburma over 6 years ago

Oh that aargersi! She is such a riot! She says in her headnote that she wanted to use fresh beans and accidentally overcooked them by both soaking them and cooking them in a pressure cooker. (I would assume that meant they were the consistency of mush.) She also says that you can overcook your canned beans--I think that means you want them mushy so they act as a thickener.

But here's the thing--you could probably just mush up a can of beans and it would be fine.

You are correct Dr Babs! I cooked those poor beans to death in my pressure cooker which made them perfect for thickening soup ... mashing canned beans will work just fine.