🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Orna & Ella's Sweet Potato Pancakes

4dc8f559 e4a7 4601 bf94 ced9c2757603  sweet poato pancakes

Could you make the batter a day in advance and refrigerate overnight?

asked by guinnesssug almost 6 years ago

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

The recipe does not have any leavening, so the usual objection to holding a batter is null. The sweet potatoes are cooked, so they will not discolor. Making it ahead should work. My only question would be for the flour -- it might absorb the liquid content overnight, and possibly would need a little bit more liquid before using. I would try adding in everything else except the flour, and add it just before using. I'd have it sitting out premeasured, so that step is done too -- just mix and cook.