What's a good moose recipe?

asked by luminante over 6 years ago

Do you mean mousse, the pudding, or moose, the animal?

luminante

I have moose meat - both ground and in steaks - quite lean meat ... Any yummy ideas?

A little bias here. A good moose is one I don't have to eat. Having tried it, not my favorite.

We made moose meat balls a couple of years ago. They were quite good, but I If I made them again, I'd figure a way to add some fat. As for the steaks, it depends on your cut. We had some that were quite tender if sliced thin, but some are tough and need to be stewed--being unsure, we ground ours for the meatballs.. As for SKK's bias, my brother was here for the meatballs and he wasn't looking forward to them--he'd also had an unfavorable experience. To his surprise, ours were quite good. Good luck with yours.

Greenstuff, you give me hope!

luminante

Appreciate the feedback!! Have heard the same previously - fat equals flavor - will give it a go. Thanks again! :)

Where did you get your moose, luminante? And will you post your recipe when you have cooked it? It would be much appreciated.